3.21.2010

Crepe Cake

Speaking of springtime and hospitality, our first knitting and crafting gathering of the season was hosted by Melissa. What to bring for brunch? I was set to make a cake and headed to the market for a few little ingredients. While I was waiting at the long check-out line, I picked-up the April edition of Martha Stewart Living magazine. In it I found the most enticing looking cake that I thought was absolutely perfect for a brunch menu. So back to the market aisle I went for some meyer lemons.

Ingredients for Meyer Lemon Curd
Topped with Candied Meyer Lemons
It is true that this delightful cake was easy to make as the ingredients can be prepared the night before and assembled the morning after. However, a few forewarnings for those of you who may attempt to follow the magazine's recipe to a tee. In order to get the height of the picture from the magazine, it will require twice, maybe even three times the amount of crepe batter. The crepe batter is also paper thin so in addition, I made my own batch of crepe from my recipe and layered them in between to create a fuller look. Lastly, the whipped cream topping is not sweet at all; sweeten it for best results or use ready made whipped cream. This simple elegant treat is something I will definitely make again, if not for the lemon curd mousse alone.

2 comments:

Celestina in California said...

I will eat your crepe cake anytime. It looks as delicious as Martha's.

Jean M said...

Wow, nice presentation!