6.12.2010

End of Gus

One main reason for my long absence here. My beloved Gus-the-jeep is no more. While driving in bad weather condition to visit Ameet, Gus and I hydroplaned in the highway crashing in the median. THANK GOD I escaped unharmed (just minor bruises), sadly Gus did not. He was a good, reliable, and brave jeep. We had fun plans in the future-- pimp my ride kinda plans... Too bad he didn't live long enough to see his makeover.



In light of the accident, the weekend visit called for a low key time. I rested a lot, had a nice dinner out, and enjoyed Ameet's new Lakeshore Drive neighborhood.



Got to drive this cute little rental for a while. As much as I love tiny cars, I miss driving a jeep. I miss Gus.

2 comments:

Jean M said...

Oh no! So glad you came away from that safely! Praise God, you suffered nothing worse than bruises. That must have shaken you up, though. Poor Gus, but better him than you.

michelle said...

It was indeed a very scary accident. To this day I can't believe my good graces. God never left my side. It was sad saying goodbye to Gus, but you're right I am grateful I was able to walk out in one healthy piece.