10.19.2011

Pile-up

Piling-up scones... Don't ask me why. Every night this week I've taken a twenty-minute break; breaking away from piles of work to bake scones. Experimenting. It's become a strange yet wonderful obsession. Sweet cream, cheese, chocolate, and blueberry flavored scones. Tomorrow night, herb scones.

This season has been one of the most challenging and difficult times in my career. Endless work, sleepless nights, talks with God. It makes me smile (and my husband too) to see my stress pour into my hands, kneading, creating, sugar sprinkled happiness--- if only for twenty minutes, for now.


3 comments:

dom w. said...

As someone who had the pleasure of sampling your delicious scones today, I must say that I am thankful for those twenty minute breaks...may you have many many more to come!

xo
dom

michelle said...

Aww, merci Dom! Still working to perfect the scones, but I'm happy you enjoyed them. : ) I had a fun time today, thanks for keeping me inspired as always!

marmar said...

that looks very delish ate! miss you tons!