7.19.2010

Crème Brûlée French Toast

Among my list of many fun addictions (i.e.Twilight: ), bread pudding has to be on top of that list. I'm crazy about bread pudding. Although this treat is considered French Toast, if you ask me it's really bread pudding and it is divine!

Each and everytime I crave for Crème Brûlée French Toast (which is often), I take a mini break before 11:30 a.m. with my partner in crime at work (yeah, that's you John-John) to Whole Foods. That's the cut-off time for their breakfast bar where this highly sought after treat is taken away if it's not already gone. I know right? John says this is my crack! LOL!

I've been searching and asking staff for the Whole Food's recipe, which is suprisingly not published in their cookbook. I found that many others online are doing the same. So when I came across a recipe that claims to be from Whole Foods. I just had to try it. It came very close, but I will have to do more testing in the kitchen to come up with the caramel-like sauce that this bread soaks in.

Take note, as much as I wanted to hog the entire cake pan of this pudding, like all of my baked goods here I do share them. My coworkers enjoyed this morning treat. A day later, one of them came to my office desperately craving them! (That would be Erin : ) LOL!

1 comment:

Jean M said...

Me, too! I love bread pudding. I happen to have a pretty wicked recipe myself, and will have to make it for you the next time you visit!