7.05.2010

Holiday

That it will never come again
Is what makes life so sweet.
Emily Dickinson

I've been MIA for over a month. Retracing my steps I began to think about notable dates, special moments, pictures captured, and the joy of being here with you when we're miles apart. Finally, a holiday... A day I can tend to all of you.

My absence here just means that life has been giving me a full plate lately. It also means summer is here and as much as I detest the heat, enjoying the outdoors gardening, cooking, eating alfresco, and a little traveling are also good reasons for my lack of blogging time.

So I hope you will welcome our time together here once more. Starting with what I did today: Woke up with the Mr., sipped my cuppucino, bid him a good day as he tended to his studies, had brunch with friends, finished the laundry, and baked a cake, an almond cake. (Click here for the recipe courtesy of David Lebovitz.) That sounds like a perfect way to end my day and begin blogging. What do you think? Shall we? There's 9 posts ahead, please keep scrolling to older posts.






2 comments:

Jean M said...

Was the almond cake recipe from The Sweet Life of Paris book?!

michelle said...

Hi Syd! This recipe was not in his book, but is found in his blog. Thanks to you and Billy, I've been following his adventures in Paris here and there. His blog is very informative and will prove to be a very helpful tool to have in our future travels to Paris.