9.08.2008

Paris On My Mind


If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then whenever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.
Ernest Hemingway

I couldn't help but pick up the Gourmet magazine this week, one of those impulse buy as I was paying for my lunch at the check-out counter.  Big bold print "PARIS" just called out to me.  Probably not a good idea to read about such mouth watering articles on the subject of French cuisine while eating a small cup of American chicken pot pie soup and a piece of wheat bread.  Paris has been on my mind lately...

... I don't mind that at all, it's a breathtaking distraction from the daily grind of work.  So if you want to take a break and dream about this magical city, pick up this month's issue. You're sure to enjoy reading the editor's letter, essays about the city's splendor, guides around multiple arrondissements (bistros, chefs, markets, hotels, etc.) and countless recipes, accompanied by enticing photos.  It's a collector's issue!  Bonne journee!

No comments: