Last night seemed to be the perfect night to venture out in search of the vintage trailer. Although it was oh so cold, there was no snow in the forecast. What's with the vintage trailer? Are those Charlie Brown Christmas lights? Who are these guys? The Flatsnoots? Gotta love that catchy name.
Quite frankly, we know very little of this fantastic trailer or the Flatsnoots for that matter. We were drawn to its aura, the nostalgia of it all... What we can tell you is that for the past ten years at this time of the year they have supplied us with our Christmas tree. We usually drive around town scoping out the parking lot where this trailer will make its home for the holiday season. These guys are great. They travel from up north bringing with them glorious array of fresh affordable pines. Once our tree has been chosen Patrick joins them for a shot of drink inside the trailer, it never fails every year.
So here's the tree with the yellow bow, a Coast Douglas-fir--- the tree that found its home with us. Onward with our other Christmas tradition, making cookie ornaments and cranberry garland!
Because we try to live GREEN here's a link for those of you interested in The Great Debate: Real vs. Artificial Christmas Trees. (Thanks to Kimberly Crandell) Our tree will be recycled in the New Year.
3 comments:
Oooohhhh I love christmas tree shopping! We will be doing that in the morning.... WOOT WOOT!
I'll have to come over sometime to see the wonder that you did with the decorations! I'm sure it's amazing!
How exciting! Have fun with your hubby and your cutie pie "Monkey" : ) Absolutely, you'll come over! I haven't started decorating yet. I sneak in some time here and there to bake ornament cookies.
Hey check out this link
http://ourtwilightblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/our-dream-are-coming-true.html
Post a Comment