I'm back from a long week of work, more work, and hula practices. My work week ended last night with a hula performance at my kumu (hula teacher) Angie's church's holiday party. I enjoyed last night's performance with Angie and classmates Beth, Kathy, and Susanna. More so, I enjoyed getting to know them more and establishing new friendships.
You're probably wondering why I didn't post any pictures? Well, Patrick either got a little excited or distracted and took video clips instead of pictures. (The video clips are too large of a file to post. I tried and tried some more.)
Among a few group dances, I danced "Aia la 'O Pele I Hawai'i" accompanied by Angie who performed the mele (chant) and the ipu (single gourd drum). She was awesome! Hula kahiko as many of you know is my favorite style of hula dancing. I was ecstatic to have found hula here in the Midwest.

Hula Kahiko
5 comments:
Wow, it's been a while, I was beginning to worry...as you know I do check this blog as often I check my emails. Hula dance that's great!
If you find a way to post the video, I love to see it.
Happy Holidays!
I know... This blog is pretty great in keeping you and our family posted with reasons why I'm MIA sometimes. Thanks for always remembering me. : ) I miss you and hope we can catch up on the phone soon. I'm looking forward to hearing your holiday plans and what you've crafted for that matter.
I'll try to figure out the video thing...
You were great! Thanks so dancing solo! Your such a good sport! It was great getting to know you a bit better as well. Hopefully we'll get more hang out time! ;)
XO
Thanks for all of your encouragement Angie. I have much to learn, but I'm glad to know I'm brave enough to try... I'm looking forward to your teaching next semester and hopefully hanging out time outside of class.
That's great that you're able to do some hula again!
Post a Comment