7.15.2009

I bring to you lavender...

"ladies fair, I bring to you lavender with spikes of blue; sweeter plant was never found..."
Caryl Battersby

Our little garden is a true joy to come home to.
I harvested the first bouquet of lavenders today,
wish I could hand it to you to enjoy. 
For now this bouquet will be dried in our kitchen.
Perhaps to be used in a sachet or with fleur de sel for cooking.
Seeing these cherry tomatoes brings back
delicious memories from summer's past.
I prefer cherry tomatoes above over others... 
Although I don't use them often in salad, 
they make it in a few cooked dishes.
Not to mention roasting them as I did last year.
Lovely pole bean.
I'm so excited to harvest these string beans.
It's growing oh so gracefully on the teepee trellis.
I hope to continue to bring you lavenders, 
tomatoes, beans, and more as the lazy summer days go by.

2 comments:

marmar said...

aww so good that you have your own veggie garden...soo jealous! hehe

Jean M said...

Love the dress, love the lavender!