I know, I know, what on earth am I doing with more tomatoes? I harvested what I think is the last batch of cherry tomatoes from the garden. Inspired by the 'Cherry Tomato Heaven' post I read from my favorite online journal: My Messy Thrilling Life, I could think of nothing better to do with them but roast 'em! Thanks to Brin.
Rinse, slice in half, and scoop out seeds.
Add garlic and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake at 200 degrees F.
This batch took about 5 hours to dry.
Ooops, I forgot the basil for additional sweetness.
Using a cute little bottle that's been sterilized, fill it with the dried tomatoes and garlic (minus the late dried basil), followed by extra virgin olive oil. I use one that is light and delicate.
Tah Dah!
The final product.
This will be enjoyed as a dipping oil and to top pasta dishes.
(Note to self: A must add to my list of homemade gifts.)
No comments:
Post a Comment