8.30.2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I love the sweet smell of dawn- 
our unique daily opportunity to smell time,
to smell opportunity-
each morning being, a new beginning.
Emme Woodhull-Bache

How long have I been away living the Twilight world?  It's still summer isn't it?  Have I been so absent that I didn't notice the leaves have begun to change colors and fall? Oh my! It's dawn...I'm awake.  I finished reading Breaking Dawn earlier this week.  Boy, are my eyes ever grateful.  Though I can't say the same for my husband.  

Guess who's been bitten?  That's right--the Mr.   Here are my favorite funny comments from him so far:
1. No wonder you girls are goo-goo-ga-ga- over Edward... As described by Bella, he is excruciatingly gorgeous, a boy with old fashioned manners, he's chivalrous, has all the money anyone could ever need and doesn't care about richness, he's superhuman strong, he'll always be a protector, and he's dangerous.
2. Ahh, I have a theory... Ahh, I have another theory...
3. Bits of Edward exist in men, like his temper! (LOL!) Kidding, I'd like to think I have some of his good traits. (Wink!)    
4. Don't tell Jean, but I think all I want to do tonight is read the book and find out what happens next.
5. Can I find out which Cullen Hero I am? "I'm Bella!?" Ha-ha-ha-- Len should have a quiz for the guys too!  
I'm really enjoying watching my hubby's reaction to the books, he cracks me up.  Hope he forgives me for posting this...

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!  I don't know about you, but this is a much needed holiday for me.  I've abandoned so many tasks outside of work, so I have much catching up to do.

5 comments:

Jean M said...

LOL!! Oh Patrick, welcome to the club! Vince and Billy welcome you with open arms into the coven/pack--whichever you prefer...

Billy said...

Ha ha...Pat has been infected too!!! I'm glad though...so when we go on our next trip together we have one more thing to talk about. And let Pat know I've started the Count of Monte Cristo...cause I heard he started it. Very good so far. Oh and Pat...Vince is Jacob Black, and I'm Jasper Hale...Your pending membership to TA will tip the scale one way or the other...Will you me mongrel, wet smelling dog...or ultra cool, ultra strong, ultra hip Vampire.
:)

BTW...Andre says HI!

michelle said...

Hi Jean! Patrick's definitely hooked. Do you know he woke me up one night because he needed to go to the bathroom and couldn't because the image of 'Victoria' frightened him so? Oops... I slipped again. : ) I'll give you a call tonight before you head out tomorrow to NY!

P.S.
Tell Billy & Vince that Patrick is with "Team Jacob", he digs the werewolves and loves the Native American tales.

michelle said...

Hi Billy and Andre too! That's funny... It's really interesting to hear the men's take on this saga. Yes, there will be a future trip for all of us again, and there will be lots of laughter! (Although I am sorry to say that we are still not able to meet up with you in NY this week.)

I'm off to run errands... I must while the game is on in the Big House. I have to time my driving in town to avoid the masses. : ) I can't believe football season is here!

michelle said...

billy & jean,
yes, it's true. at first i made fun of michelle for reading about kid vampires. then i started to read it out of curiosity & a way for michelle and i to talk about a book we actually read at the same time. now, i am hooked. i have found myself wondering how much time i have to read before i go to bed before work, reading instead of going out - with anyone, & basically becoming antisocial. i have about 400 pages before i am totally done. i don't know if i'm part of a coven or a pack - i have parts of both in me i think. billy, good luck with the count of monte cristo. it is a different kind of read compared to the happenings in forks.
later,
patrick