8.10.2008

River Sky

"It feels like September in August..." that's what the Mr. said to me as we rolled down our car windows and took a drive out...  We meant to spend the weekend at the lake which we normally do around this time in the summer but the weather forecast of cold air and rain forced us to stay in town.  I rather enjoyed the chill in the air this weekend, it made me anticipate autumn and all the warm and cozy things it brings, but it is too soon for the sun to disappear so quickly.  I don't want the days to get shorter just yet.  There are still many more things to enjoy outdoors like picnics at the park, canoeing in the river, walks to the Farmer's Market, outdoor cafes, barbeques in our yard, enjoying iced tea on the adirondack chairs, people watching, gardening, oh the gardening! Shall I go on?

Cornfield in a neighboring town.
Watching canoers pass by.
The mighty Huron River.

1 comment:

Jean M said...

I have to agree with you--I'm so not wanting summer to end just yet! It's been so memorably fabulous thus far. With Billy being home all summer it's been one endless slumber party!