8.03.2008

Skopelos Island, Greece

Okay Jean, I totally agree with you on this location.  I have to admit I only went to see Mamma Mia due to your recommendation of seeing the view.  You weren't kidding, it was absolutely breathtaking!  I desperately tried to search for a still picture of the opening scene (Sophie on a boat under the night sky returning to the island singing 'I Have a Dream'...), very difficult to find.  That was the most memorable part of the movie for me.  The moment I heard her sing, I knew I would be drawn to her world.  (Unfortunately, the movie still did not  succeed in making me into an ABBA fan.  Although I was familiar with every song, it's still not my cup of tea. : )

If I knew this chapel existed, we would've had a destination wedding!
Ahh, to be a bride again...
Photos courtesy of Mamma Mia

2 comments:

Jean M said...

As soon as I saw your comment on my post I had to pop over here to see what you'd posted on the movie as well! I knew you'd love the scenery as much as I did. The evening scenes where the moon sparkled on the water like millions of diamonds truly transported me. Wasn't it a fun movie to watch? Wish we could have seen it together.

michelle said...

We will have to make a DVD date. : ) It was a lot of fun at the movie theater. Mom Mila couldn't stop singing and clapping, sis Jess couldn't get enough of Colin Firth, and I was just at awe by the room with a view! Oh the moon and the water, I totally agree. By the way, hubby told me to buy the song 'I Have a Dream' because I keep singing it around the house. I'm listening to it still...