7.07.2009

Pieces of France

Sometimes I dream about being in the countryside in France.  To take a walk in the lavender fields, visit small villages, admire their cottages, take a road trip where the sunflowers grow wild and colors of the land speaks of Monet & Van Gogh paintings.

During our walk in the neighborhood this evening, I realized that we have quite a few pieces of France all around us.  It's really delightful to see them...  I think I'll be looking out for more pieces of France in our next stroll.
our lavenders are in bloom
lots of bees making honey here
we're seeing more and more tiny cars in town
i'm liking this electric one
we're definitely getting a rain barrel someday
an adorable french cottage
a cute birdhouse
almost everyone here has a vegetable garden
wild roses on the fence
Looking at just these few pictures I'm really proud of the Green Living around us--- from the energy efficient car, to conserving water with the use of a rain barrel, and organic gardening by growing your own vegetables.  It's really inspiring me to do more.

3 comments:

Rebecca Cifaldi said...

beautiful photographs as always, Michelle! I'm so proud to be (soon) part of this wonderful neighborhood.

xo Betty

michelle said...

thanks betty. we're counting the days until we see you down the street. : ) can you please show the rain barrel to louis? patrick and i mentioned this to him before and he was interested in getting one someday too. this is the best looking one we've seen so far.

Celestina in California said...

Beautiful surroundings...you always capture them in lovely photos. The French flea market and cobblestones of Italy are still in my dreams.