Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm anxious to get cooking again. Our kitchen has not been as busy as it used to be with the daily preparation of supper reduced to a few times a week since the Mr. began his studies. So it feels somewhat special nowadays when the kitchen fills up with the aroma of sweet butter and red wine, the sound of meat sizzling on the pan, the sight of cheese melting atop potatoes in the oven, and best of all my husband's look as he anticipates eating his favorite meal: meat and potatoes. Since this was my first try at this particular menu I just had to document it here. Suffice it to say, I think it turned out quite well. Bon Appétit!
There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves. ~Thomas Wolfe
creamy potatoes au gratin
& beef cooked in red wine sauce
topped with sauteed mushrooms and shallots
I had to let go of one of my rosemary bush this fall. It did not survive the transfer from outdoors to indoors in preparation for winter. Not to worry, with the cold season ahead it will serve well in our pot roasts and pot pies.
For our neighboring friends, let me know if you'd like some rosemary. I'd be happy to give you a bouquet.
No comments:
Post a Comment