3.05.2011

Stars

"People have stars, but they aren't the same. For travelers, the stars are guides. For other people, they're nothing but tiny lights. And for still others, for scholars, they're problems. For my businessman, they were gold. But all those stars are silent stars. You, though, you'll have stars like nobody else."

"What do you mean?"


"When you look up at the sky at night, since I'll be living on one of them, since I'll be laughing on one of them, for you, it'll be as if all the stars are laughing. You'll have stars that can laugh!"

And he laughed again.

"And when you're consoled (everyone is eventually consoled), you'll be glad you've known me. You'll always be my friend. You'll feel like laughing with me. And you'll open your windows sometimes just for the fun of it... And your friends will be amazed to see you laughing while you're looking up at the sky. Then you'll tell them, 'Yes, it's the stars. They always make me laugh!"

The Little Prince -
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Dear Sydney and Izzy:

I have but only to gaze upon the northwest night skies to be reunited with you--- my star sisters; that is a beautiful thing.

Love,
Holly

4 comments:

Jean M said...

Gorgeous!!! Izzy's gotta see this! I didn't see it the first time around--what an ending to an amazing series of posts! Love you both, my SSF's...

Izzy said...

Thank you for capturing our trip beautifully Holly! Many thanks to the hubbies, Bob Morris, Star Buck, and Battle Star Bud who let us go and be little girls skipping away! Till we meet again!

Izzy said...

Holly, someone asked me if this was a magazine photo. That's how breathtaking this photo of YOU and our star is!

michelle said...

My dear Izzy- You are most welcome! Like I mentioned to Syd, it brings me joy to know you both love what I've captured here.

As for this picture, hat's off to Bob Morris! I was getting ready for ballet class and decided to ask him to take a quick picture. It was funny actually because I had him pose in the exact same spot and I took a picture of his head. I then asked him to take a picture of me in the exact position so he could see my vision. :)

Thanks again for the compliments. I must add, that this post has inspired a few of my family members to get our tattoo or something similar. Isn't that sweet?

Although most of my family there in the West Coast and friends nearby do not comment here, trust me when I say that I soon as posted about our weekend getaway, news did spread like wildfire! I received nothing but love and sweet messages.

I miss you both and I do find myself smiling (and laughing) when I see stars...