3.05.2011

What Lies Beneath

Here we go...

Somewhere between the moon and Highway 101, we took a detour from our planned agenda. Sometimes the unexpected and bold adventures can bring glee that last a lifetime.

Meet Tyson Bode, artist and owner of Bodhi Tattoo Studio. This was an 'after' photo where we looked nice and calm. If we took a 'before' picture you would've seen the moment of trepidation in our faces and if the picture could make a sound, you would've heard our hearts beating like drums! It definitely helped that Tyson was such a sweetheart. He made us feel welcomed and at ease. (Unlike the others we contacted who wanted to charge us an arm and a leg for this little ink. That's another story. LOL!) Tyson, I might add also entertained us with his storytelling--- a real eye-opener!

Although we voted to give the first honors to the birthday celebrant, as the older sister I braved to be the first in line. That's me being prepped on the chair. That's Sydney admiring our pretty tattoo. And that's Izzy going under the needle!

By the way, it took our dearest husbands one week to the day to notice what was hidden behind our long locks! 2/26/2011

First came Billy @ 7:54 AM PST:
The secret's out!!! We were huddled in bed...
Then came Bob @ 5:02 PM EST:
Morris just saw my star!!! We're at the mall with the kids trying pillows...
Then came Jeff @ 10:22 PM PST:
He found it!!! Hallelujah! Gee whiz! While I'm combing my hair...

What a relief that they laughed with us and really liked our star. Although we now expect to be inspected in the future when returning home to our husbands from another girls getaway! LOL!

3 comments:

MamaBoncx said...

OH MY Goodness! I can't believe Jean did it! How cute!! You gals are so sweet! Love it!

Jean M said...

This is what it boils down to...Holly, the ringleader. Syd, the mediator. Izzy, the (reluctant) follower. Our story in a nutshell!

michelle said...

Hi Chone! Don't believe the Jean (LOL!)... I can't even remember how this all came about!? Apparently we were on the road chatting away... I suggested...We all screamed on board! : ) This road trip is definitely one of my most fondest memories thus far.

How do we top this one Sydney : )