Since I posted about Black Swan, I was inspired to do this little post. My old pointe shoes. With my hula teacher having moved away quite a while back (I really miss Angie), I've returned to my first love. I'm just two semesters in the ballet theater class and it's literally like taking baby steps, but I'm hanging in there because I found that the classes are providing me the discipline and focus I seem to need lately. Not to mention feeling the pure enjoyment and seeing the beauty of this art... It will be a long while before I can think of pointe class, but I have to admit that it put a smile on my face to know that I can still get on my toes.
6 comments:
I didn't realize your hula teacher had left, and that you'd stopped hula-ing. Nice that you've returned to the other dance form you love. =)
Yeah, she moved about an hour away. If it wasn't for my crazy schedule and the drive, I would still try to take lessons from her. Thanks for commenting! I guess this blog can still bring you news. LOL!
{LOVE} that first photo of your shoes! Ryah is in ballet right now and loves it!
Miss ya too, glad to hear you are still dancing even if it is not hula ;0)
xo
Aww, thanks Angie! It made me happy to hear Ryah is taking ballet and loving it too. That's so precious! Have you taken pictures of her in her ballet class? With your photography talent and a pretty princess as your muse, that will make a beautiful picture. xoxo
P.S.
I will always heart hula dancing. : )
This reminds me of our days at Napa. It was so fun taking ballet with you. I'd love to dance again! After having my children, I'm not flexible (or slim, LOL! ) anymore :(
Hello Chone! My gosh, your comment took me back to memory lane... How fun were those times! It is never too late to try on your dance shoes again. If I can take baby steps... so you can you! Don't underestimate your strength (from having children) and petite frame (it's the Asian in us: ) LOL! xoxo
Post a Comment