Yes, today was a big day. Change is coming, a good and exciting change. I awoke bright and early to prepare food for Patrick’s work holiday pot-luck. He went about his day with his co-workers just like any other work day. Except today was sadly different because it was his last day with them and the last time I’d prepare food for his great crew. As many of you know, he was accepted at MSU Nurse Anesthesia program and begins grad school this new year (we’re really excited). It was a bittersweet goodbye for him as he chose to keep his last day a secret from his work. Understandably so, he wanted to leave with the memory of a regular work day and no goodbyes. (not to worry, we’ll be seeing his work friends soon) So when he returned home tonight, I knew it hit him hard. It’s not often he ask me to make him a cup of tea and time alone. He sat in our office writing a heartfelt letter to his unit. I read it and it put me to tears.
Today is also the day my highly anticipated project at work goes live, the Medicaid Specialty Access. Operationalizing this contact was an incredible experience for me not only because it exposed me to the business at the State level, but it enabled to partner with such good people and friends across our institution. (In case you're reading this, a special mention of thanks to Laura and John who were key players in this project. I am sincerely appreciative of your teamwork and friendship. It's a rewarding feeling when we can all work together to benefit our great institution, physicians, patients, and our health plan customers.) There were so many behind the scenes work that went into this project. Thank God for teamwork. Here’s a little something fun---a peak at the Storyboard I created for our Quality Month celebration which explains the project. The theme was exploration… (Honestly, I've made better ones. : )
2 comments:
Happy 2009 guys. . . .Michelle, I'm sure your project will be very successful. And without Team work, where would any of us be!! Patrick one chapter has ended in your life but you have lots of memories and you are setting off to do great things and become an even more valued member of healthcare profession!
Hope to see you guys soon. . .
Shelley Marie
Happy New Year to you too Shelley! Thank you so much for the encouraging comment. More so, thank you for remembering us this holiday season. We have mail coming your way... : ) Yes, let's see each other soon. We'd love to catch-up.
Big Hugs,
Michelle & Patrick too!
Post a Comment