1.16.2009

A Dedication

Dear Ate Delsa, Larry, & Dillon:
     Sending you our deepest sympathy today.  Know that we are thinking of you and lifting prayers of comfort and love as you said goodbye to Bobbie.
   I knew three things that were certain about Bobbie.  She was the ultimate knitter, it brought her so much joy.  (I remember her fondly when she gave Mama Delia a knitted poncho to keep her warm during her chemotherapy.  I remember her fondly now as I look at my knitting supplies.)  She loved spending time with her family and grandson especially, Dillon always put a smile on her face.  She was a woman of few words.  I hope that her silence was a reflection of her profound soul searching.  I hope she found peace in God.  
     I'm saddened that I never got the chance to send this to Bobbie.  Patrick and I picked this card for her in hopes to encourage her during her battle with cancer.  I regret being too late.  
   But it's not too late for us to send this encouragement to you--- her loved ones.  "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:1-3   Take care.
    
                                                                                                With love,
                                                                                        Michelle & Patrick

No comments: