Lovely things that caught my eye today...
French sponge cake
A favorite of Dad Danny. Also called 'mamon' when baked in individual brioche pans. Today, I baked this one in an angel food cake pan in celebration of Father's Day. Serve with fresh berries and creme fraiche, it's perfect for summer days.
Laundry basket
A favorite of mine, wicker baskets not laundry day. Just the right size and weight to carry a large load of clothes comfortably. As mentioned, doing laundry is not a favorite so having this lovely carrier makes doing the chore a little nicer to bear. This one is woven from Cambodia.
Hydrangeas
A favorite of Jean. I tend to pick these up when ever I'm at the market not just for it's obvious beauty, but because they are long lasting. I think this one is called Mme. Emile Mouillere, a hydrangea macrophylla.
Classic glassware
A favorite of Melissa. Delicate low-stemmed glasses. I have a weakness for glassware. I insisted on purchasing Melissa's little set from the Met in New York when she sold them in her garage sale. These, made in Poland were a find at HomeGoods. We enjoy filling them with sangria and bubbly refreshments. They make every sip feel very special.
Vintage tea towels
Another favorite of mine. It's an obsession really. I began collecting French vintage tea towels not too long ago. The recent package sent to me by aunt, Mama Cely from her shop contained a couple of monogramed ones. These are from La Belle Maison, Pear tree, and Saint-Ouen, the antiques flea market in Paris. I use them everywhere in the home.
Speaking of Paris, it's now past midnight (EST). Father's Day is here and Papa Willie is there vacationing. Sending him loving wishes of "Jour de Pere Heureux!" Greetings not only to him but Papa Fidel and to all my uncles and friends who are Dads, may your children honor you today and always.
3 comments:
ate your angel food cake looks divine!!!
Thank you for sharing these lovely vignettes. They capture the simple beauty of everyday objects.
Thanks ladies.
Jean- Speaking of beauty, when do you plan on returning to 'A Thing of Beauty'? I've been checking in again and miss your beautiful posts which I enjoy looking at and reading when I need a break at work.
Take care,
M
Post a Comment