7.09.2008

My Six Unremarkable Quirks

This is in response to a Blogger Tag from Jean. I have many unremarkable quirks, some more embarrassing than others.  I'm somewhat relieved I was only asked to reveal six of them:

Na-ah!?
1. I never use the public lavatories to go number two.  Seriously. The situation has to call for a great emergency for me to even consider it and that would be dreadful.

A tidy room.
2. I'm a clean freak. I can't retire for the night unless everything is in its proper place. My husband believes I'm borderline OCD. Thankfully, his saving grace about this insane quirk is that I do not impose it on him and I make every effort to ensure our guests always feel very much at home, you know kick-off your shoes kinda thing. I clean in my own private time.

Who's your favorite friend?
3. I'm addicted to "Friends". Despite owning the complete series, I still have the TV tuned to TBS where it's syndicated when I get home from work. I enjoy hearing the lighthearted laughter in the background while preparing dinner, it makes me smile.

Very Sex and the City.
4. I love high heels. I'm not a shoe fanatic by all means but I enjoy wearing high heels despite of being well aware of its inevitable aftermath- very achy feet. It brings out the sassy side of me, at least that's what the Mr. says.

Fearless leaders.
5. I have a fear of heights, yet I still climb. I know I have this in common with a large majority of the population but this has not always been the case for me. There was a time in my early twenties when I was fearless. I even went as far as to skydive and thought nothing of it! Sadly those days are gone. That is why I will never again climb up the Arc de Triomphe or the campanile. (This is a plea to my brave globetrotting partners. Photo courtesy of Jean.)

6. I stop where ever there's lavenders. I've reminded my husband on more than one occasion that when I pass away, he is to cremate my body and spread my ashes on a lavender field preferably in Provence, France. He laughed and said not to expect him to travel that distance to visit my remains. Perhaps I'll settle for Napa Valley. (Photo taken by Jean, or maybe Len, or Vince, I know it wasn't Billy. :)

Now, the rule of this game is to link the person who tagged me and tag six bloggers by linking them too. Normally, I would follow the rule but being that my main blog audience are the 'fearless leaders' above who's already been tagged, and my family whom I know reads up on my happenings here but do not comment (they do not have blog spaces or Gmail except for cousin Ting), this game unfortunately ends here. By the way, noticing the slight increase on the count of hits on this site, I'd like to think that there may be anonymous visitors who stop by here too. So just in case, this may be a good time to say, "hello" and extend my welcome!

5 comments:

marmar said...

hi ate, dont worry your #1 quirck is one of mines too...i never go #2 in a public restroom, even at work...it has to be a place where im comfortable at like my home, jaime's home or at lolas...loves your shoes, i love jessica simpson shoes...havent tried her heels yet but i love her flats i own one and prices for her shoes are very affordable...i think its more comfy than steve maddens...

i'll get around to doing mine soon...

love u...

Jean M said...

Thanks for obliging me, Michelle! Great list--most of these quirks I was already well aware of, but it's always nice to have some affirmation! The photos were a great additional touch! The first one was a hoot!! As for the fifth, I lament with a sigh "Whatever happened to the days of Jean and Barbarella?!

michelle said...

Welcome home Jean! How was the wilderness? : ) I'll look forward to the update and maybe some pictures too of you roughing it. Set aside silliness, I hope that the retreat was filled with inspiration and time was God blessed.

I thought you'd enjoy the photos here. Do you know I was so tempted to post Andre's picture under my 'love for high heels'? I needed parental permission for that one. : ) Ahh, Babarella my alter ego. She's somewhere I'm sure but it's been years since she's made an appearance! It could be because sidekick Jean is too far. : (

Nelly Gee said...

Hey Michelle. Just wanted to say hi. I guess I'm one of your anonymous visitors. Found you through Jean's blog. Anyway, hope all is well with you and your hubby. 2000 miles away, but still just a click away.

michelle said...

Hi Nelson! I just paid your site a visit and wanted to reiterate how happy I am to see that you stopped by here. I'm glad Jean's tag game connected us after all these years.