7.12.2008

Wanna Play?

A little guessing game we came up with this weekend...
Christina & Nicolas' baby is due to arrive on Tuesday, the 22nd. She began experiencing contractions here and there but claims it's 'nothing', so we started a bet. Guess baby Emma's birthday? If you're in, it'll cost you five bucks. : ) The correct 'guesser' will be rewarded half the pot and the other half will go towards the baby's first piggy bank.
Here are the players so far:
Nicolas 14th
Melissa 15th
Marcella kakagaawohnwoowooth
Christina 17th
Patrick 18th
Jennifer 19th
Michelle 20th
Louis 21st
Darren 21st p.m.
Scott 22nd
David 23rd @ 11:15 p.m.
Carla 24th
Matthew 25th
Derek 25th p.m.
Betty 26th
Megan 26th p.m.

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

michelle said...

How fun! Keep 'em coming guys...
Shell

Hey! I wanted the 25th! so instead I will go with...the 26th,
xoxo
Betty

I change mine to the 25th as I didn't read Carla's
until after my 24th rant. But I wanted the 25th anyway. That's right. That's what I wanted. And still not cheating!
Mateo

I'll take the 24th ... but no cheating Christina!! You can't go swimming in Lake Michigan or hang from monkey bars or any other trick of gravity to get the little bugger out! Yup, the 24th. That's when it will all go down.
Mateo

I'm in! I predict baby Emma will arrive on Thursday, July 24th.
Carla

michelle said...

Are you 'The One'? Or are you the One who is suppose to bring balance to the Force?
Luv,
Ch'melle & P

07/12/08 6:04 PM
Hey hey, gamblers!

According to an email I just received from a Secret Source (whose Name I won't reveal here), Emma is actually going to be born the 23rd, around 11:15 PM. The labor, apparently, will be quite easy‑‑‑though Mom is going to be quite shocked by the intensity of the experience, and will yell out several things during the labor process that discretion prevents me from writing here. Emma will be in full possession of ten toes and ten fingers, and will measure in at seven pounds, eight ounces, give or take an ounce. She's going to be quite attractive as she gets older, too; and after trying her hand at fashion modeling for a time, she will decide to go back to school and will end up in the medical profession (I didn't get any further details about that, unfortunately, but she may want to avoid gastroenterology). At some point in ninth grade, she will forget her lunch money at home. She will prefer the puffy baked Cheetos to the crunchy fried ones, but will prefer fresh fruit to both...strawberries will be her favorite. She will be well loved by many.

In short, count me in for $5.00.

And Christina and Nicolas, speaking for Melissa, Marcella and me, wish you all the joy in the world! As they say in Yoruba, "Ki Orisa ma ya ere t'o dara fun wa!"‑‑‑May the Spirits create for us a Beautiful Work of Art!

Love,
David

michelle said...

Melty- Your Mum's birthday is coming up? Joy! Please extend our advance Happy Birthday wishes to her. Good date to bet on. But I must say, the Force is strong with my 20th. : ) I sense that baby will arrive the morning after her grandparents from France lands in Detroit Metro. Thanks for responding lovebirds and for Marcella's "kakagaawohnwoowoo", that definitely counts!

Love,
Tita Ch'Melle


07/12/08 8:57 PM
Melissa, my Love!

Thank you so much for admitting my Inevitable Rightness in this public forum, amongst friends and family! But just to remind you, my wager was inspired from information in an email directly received from a Higher Source, Whose Name I shall not utter here, but which rhymes with "sod". So while I certainly will not welch on my bet should I have been incorrectly advised here, please know that the likelihood of the information's wrongness is small indeed. After all, as the saying goes, "[Rhymes with 'sod'] knows all things."

And regarding the legality of Marcella betting with US currency... We should probably just keep a running house tab with her, and have her settle up on her eighteenth birthday. Like her Dad, she's not likely to welch on her bets; and if she does, no problem: we know where she lives, right?

Embraces all around,
David

07/12/08 8:40 PM
Hallo Gang,
Although I must readily admit that David is always right (aren't you, dear?), I'm not going to side with him on this one. I will bet that la petite Emma will arrive on 15 July, my Mother's b‑day! It is illegal for Marcella to bet greenbacks, so please consider hers a gentlewoman's bet (that is, sans cash). She predicts kakagaawohnwoowoo.

michelle said...

Ahhh, the pot gets bigger! Your message guilted me into changing the word "winner" to "guesser". Not to mention the title from 'Wanna Bet?" to "Wanna Play?" Thanks Ate. : )

Love,
Shell


07/13/08 7:19 PM
My goodness!
I'm not sure if I should go against David's message from the One Who Shall Remain Nameless, but I'll take a shot anyway...

July 19 for Jenn and since Scott's not here, than I'll pick the original due date for him, the 22nd.

muchisimos besos,
The Whitteaker Family

(by the way, we did this for all of the babies on Scott's side of the family. Since there is so many of us, it got very complicated and we had to designate our guesses for a certain day and time (from 12a ‑ 12pm, and then again for the 2nd half of the day.) Oh yeah, they're traditional Southern Baptists so we didn't actually *bet* ‑‑ we just *guessed* and then
had a pot of money that the correct guesser (not winner!) shared with the new baby.).

michelle said...

We have three birthdays to look forward to this month!? That's fantastic! Your dates have been noted. We'll have to wait and see about Kara's... As for the $, I am the collector. : ) I'm sure we'll all see each other soon. If not come by anytime and if no one's home, please leave it in our mailbox.

Muah,
Shell

7/14/2008 8:57 AM
Matt, no fair. You took MY birthday! So I support the half day concept & will take the afternoon of the 25th. Kara - You get to pick your own date.

Take care everyone -
Derek

07/14/2008 08:19 AM
yikes!
we are always so tardy!!! we want to play too...we were just out of town for the weekend and forgot to mention it to michelle and patrick when we interrupted their dinner last night with a quick hello. ANYWAY...do you think we might follow in the whitteaker family tradition and go for partial days as well? i'm going to speak for darren and place his bet for the morning half of the 21st...it's his birthday too! i'll take the evening hours of the 26th...it's my favorite number. louis and betty have already chosen those dates respectively, so if they happen to come up winners, they can keep the money...we just want a share of the fame! hee hee hee! is everyone okay with this? if not we are happy to pick new numbers.
money to michelle?
good luck!

love,
megan

michelle said...

Nico- Bastille Day is here! You have until midnight tonight to persuade Emma to come out! : )
Poulette

7/13/2008 10:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Don't worry about this bet, I am sure I will win so Emma will be with us tomorrow a little bit before midnight in order to enjoy fireworks (bastille Day in France) which will be every year for her birthday.

About David's secret source, I am sure they are right except for the date birth and for the profession, she will be plastic surgeon in LA, she will practice on Spears's kids!!!!! (she will make more money so she will take care of her daddy).

So I will call you tomorrow night to keep you in touch.

Kiss.
Nico.


7/13/2008 9:49 PM
hi guys !!

So now I have a lot of pressure on me... I mean on my uterus !!!

Matthew, don't worry, I won't cheating.... I just canceled my bungee jump :-) and David, I hope your source is sure (specially about the "quite easy labor')

It seems like I can be in labor any day from tomorrow !!! and now I am scared...

Have a good evening ! and we keep in touch !

bisous
christina (and emma !)