2.07.2009

Movie Night: To Kill a Mockingbird

I made my way to the library today.  I was excited to find my name posted on this movie in their 'hold' shelf.  It's been many years since I watched  this and I designated tonight to be a movie night.  Armed with a midnight snack, wrapped in my sweater I created a nest on our couch and settled in.  It was delightful.  What's even more delightful was seeing the characters from Harper Lee's novel come to life.  Although busy with his studies, Patrick couldn't resist joining me at the end...  We both later discovered that there was not much difference between Gregory Peck and the character he played on film.  After watching excerpts from the movie and reading about his life and career we admired him even more, just as Atticus Finch.  

A couple of my favorite scenes between Scout and her father Atticus...
Atticus Finch: Do you know what a compromise is?
Scout: Bendin' the law?
Atticus Finch: (slightly bemused) Uh, no.  It's an agreement reached by mutual consent.  Now here's the way it works.  You concede the necessity of goin' to school, we'll keep right on readin' the same every night, just as we always have.  Is that a bargain?

No comments: