8.18.2008

New Moon


For Len, Vince, Billy, Jean, Sonia...
fellow Twilighters.















Day 1: midnight - two o'clock a.m.
Day 2: one o'clock a.m. - three o'clock a.m.
Day 3: sometime between midnight and one o'clock a.m. - seven o'clock a.m.

These were the accounts of my reading hours for Twilight. I couldn't believe it.  The first couple of nights when I opened this book (which I seemed to have done after my day came to an end), I promised myself I would read but a few chapters, stopping at a point where I knew I was comfortable resting it down for the early hours of the morning.  On the third night, I had planned to give it no more than one hour of my time. The plan failed.  I had one of those there's no turning back moment.  The story catapulted me in, so much so that I didn't even notice the break of dawn.  What have I gotten myself into?   

Bright and early while I was half asleep, Patrick got up; and in the corner of my eye noticed me, noticing him looking at where my bookmark was placed.  "You finished?", his tone was not surprised.  He jumped back on to bed, grin on this face, and laughs as he pretended to bite my neck! 

On to the sequel! But first things first, I need "a minute to be human"...   

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume.
Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI

10 comments:

Jean M said...

Someone's been bitten and is officially smitten of Twilight!!

michelle said...

What a heartthrob that Edward! Yes, I am officially hooked. I can't wait to find out what happens next....

Jean M said...

Hi Michelle...the series is infectious to say the least. Let us know your thoughts on New Moon...I'd be interested to know.

Your story sounds so familiar..its one I think lots people everywhere repeat once they hooked. Let me know when Pat finishes :)

Billy

michelle said...

He hasn't picked it up yet, although he is very curious about my devotion to the saga, not to mention this Edward fella I keep talking about. : ) Having found out you and Vince read it, I believe he will abandon the unfinished The Count of Monte Cristo. I'll definitely keep you posted.

marmar said...

ariana loves reading that book...im curious to find out what its all about but im just too busy to read it...

michelle said...

Ariana? She may be a little too young for this? Or is she? : )

Trust me when I say, you would want to read these books. Believe me when I say, you will make yourself find time to read them. It's that addictive!

Len said...

My plan to infect all of my family members has worked! **evil laugh**

Now you can see why this series has consumed my life! lol

Can't wait for you to check out our site! You know you can go there now and just click on which book you've read on the upper right corner. I put this feature in for people who haven't finished all the books =)

Miss you and glad you're enjoying the series! I swoon for Edward!

michelle said...

Len,
You've created a monster! It has consumed my days and nights. I can totally see why this has lit a fire under you. Thanks for not giving up on us -- rejectors of vampire romance novels.

As for your fantastic website, thank you for the tip about the book links, I just visited it. I was glad you mentioned that because I was purposely holding off to visit your site until I finished the saga. I was afraid it may reveal information I have yet to read. I love all the work you've put into Twilighters Anonymous. It's certainly bringing added excitement in my reading!

I miss you too and will call soon...

Love,
Michelle

P.S. Did you know Patrick recommended these books to his coworker and friend Kristie shortly after we were on the phone with you and Vince? She immediately picked them up and finished within a few days. That was all she did...read them one after another.

kiki said...

I love this book! I really felt Bella's pain. Its serious it really moves you. I did cry on some parts I forget what chapter its is though. What I like about it too is that I have a picture of the characters from the movie so it makes it more interesting to read. I have not read a book in a long time until I got the Twilight saga. My bf makes fun of me because he think the whole Twilight thing is juvenile and silly. I beg to differ. One time I was home along reading New Moon and I remember I was in the living room starting ready at noon and then realized 4 1/2 hours later that I have not eaten anything at all. Haha its crazy but I love it. This book made me join Team Jacob! I just fell for him. He did betray Bella's trust at some point but my heart goes out to Jacob. Im currently reading Breaking Dawn so Im very excited and sad at the same time that there's nothing to read after I finish. Maybe I'll just start over again.....

michelle said...

Hi Kat! I love reading about how you've been bitten! Well, I'm sure by reading my post and comments you can imagine how addicted I became to this series of books. Oh, and tell your sweet bf John he better watch out, the men in our lives (Kuya Pat, Billy, and Vince) were bitten too, much to their surprise. I can't wait to hear how you like the last book. Too bad the author abandoned what was to be the last one--- Midnight Sun. : (