Jet-lagged, we started our day in the afternoon and walked around our Right Bank neighborhood. Thankfully we just missed the rainfall when we started out. We strolled on Pont-Neuf, had our first street crepe and ate it while watching a local film crew and actors at the park across the street. Overall, a good and cozy day.
Hotel de Ville, Paris' City Hall
One of the new bronze exhibits...
Whatever our point of interest is at this museum, paying a visit to Mona Lisa is a must. Gravity seems to sway you to her hallway, always.
The other new exhibit...
This Delacroix piece was very exciting to see...
Looks familiar? This was recently used by Cold Play for their Viva La Vida album cover.
This celestial painting by Delaroche photograph beautifully.
The Louvre is a place you can return to over and over; not just because of its massive art collection that requires days to view, new exhibitions to admire, but because here's something ethereal about this museum that demands your undivided attention.
2 comments:
omg i heard from uncle willie that you & k.pat are on vacation in france...how fun! soo many gorgeous pictures and i love nutella!!!
btw i already started planning for the wedding, i would love to hear some input fr you when you get back home :o). have a fun vacay & send k.pat our love...
miss u ate :o)
Hi Ting! Yeah, it was somewhat of an impromptu vacation. Your K. Patrick needed it since we will not be able to vacation together for awhile. Thank you for checking in here. Ahh, Nutella... I will have to make you and Jaime crepes with nutella when I see you. I will definitely call you when I return about your wedding plans. We were just taking about it today. : ) Miss you too... BTW, Inay Cely and Tatay Amado arrived this past weekend. Have you seen them? Please give them BIG HELLOS from us until I can call them. I'm so excited that they're there...
Post a Comment