11.06.2008

Caron de Beaumarchais

Do your dreams of Paris include a cozy, romantic hotel?  In the lively old Marais, Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais evokes a private house of the eighteenth century--- as indeed it was.
Victoria Magazine, Kim Walker
I knew there was a reason for me to hold on to the one and only Victoria Magazine from way back when... The article written about this most charming hotel speaks the truth.  We love this place, located in the Right Bank, in the Marais district.  (Just up the street is where Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais wrote the play "The Marriage of Figaro" which was made popular by Mozart's comedic opera.)  We were greeted by owner Alain Bigeard, the kindest man.  I showed him my copy of Victoria and we chatted in glee!  I was excited to see this place that I've read about and he was happy to see that I've held on to the article after all these years.  He too, treasures his only copy of Victoria.    





No comments: