Revitalized. Thank God for Hula. Thank God for my wonderful kumu Angie.
I've had a stretch of hard days at work and with the overwhelming work load, I was beginning to neglect my mental and physical health. It's an awful feeling to come home too tired to do anything. I didn't want to miss hula class but I didn't want to abandon the stack of paper work I took home either. I was feeling lousy.
Not anymore... I dragged my tired being to hula class. I'm so glad I did. Tonight I realized that although I have work to do, I have the energy to tackle them. (Well, maybe just a little it's getting pretty late.) Angie taught a great class tonight. Her classes are always great, but I guess because I felt revitalized it was extra special for me. I very much enjoyed learning and dancing by bum off. : ) It really improved my mood and increased my energy level. I'll rock at work tomorrow! LOL!
A note on Angie: She's my respected teacher and friend. Her dedication to her students, her love for her family, and her passion to help others is an inspiration. If you'd like a peak at her world, you can meet her at The Daily Dewey where you'll also find her beloved Nana's Box, her Cancer Project. (I was honored to be featured at Nana's Box.) Oh, did I mention she's also a fellow Twilighter? Check out the Twihards too. Any Cullen admirer is a friend of mine. Isn't she amazing? I know you'll all agree.
Have a fabulous Friday everyone! Enjoy these beautiful images of Hula Kahiko from photographer Kim Taylor Reece.



4 comments:
Michelle, you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that the class helped to energize you and relieve you of stress... hula has always been a stress reliever for me... there is something very soothing about it. Glad I could be of service ;)
Hope you have a much better day at work tomorrow and a fabulous weekend!
XO
Today was a better day, thanks! I'm happy weekend is here. I really do appreciate you and your friendship. I look forward to hanging out sometime soon. I have to catch-up on some blog reading, looks like you've posted quite a few updates. Stay warm and cozy this weekend, the snow storm is near. : )
I am so happy to know that you are still dancing the hula. I remember that you've had this picture for the longest time. I see it, not only as a stress reliever for you, but as an art..of just how you live your life.
And that's why you are always an inspiration to me and Ciara.
that's the sweetest thing... i hope you know that you and ciara have a very special place in my heart, and always will...
Post a Comment