11.09.2008

Tour Eiffel

Coming up from the Metro, we arrived at the foot of this magical tower by nightfall.  This is for Shelley whose only request was for me to take a picture of the lit Eiffel Tower.























            
                                                                                                                                               















France's president Sarkozy is also the current president of the European Union.  In celebration of Armistice Day, the tower is lit in blue--- the color of the European Union.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely incredible. . .Thanks so much!Great pics! It looks like you guys are having a great time. can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back. Have a great time. . .ShelleyMarie

Jean M said...

Love the shots in black and white!! I was wondering if you were going to blog while abroad. I'm glad I decided to check....

AngiDe said...

OH-MY-GOSH!!! That is a gorgeous picture of the Effiel Tower!!! I am so in love with this building! you will see when you come to my house on Sunday. You need to see my bathroom to understand!
Seriously, my heart belongs in Paris!

michelle said...

Thanks ladies. I'm so happy you enjoyed these pictures. Believe it or not, my biggest challenge in photography was capturing beautiful sights in Paris (including this majestic one) without the people in the foreground. With all this approval, I'm thinking that I should finally frame some of these black and white images in my home. : )

P.S.
Angie- I had no idea about your fascination for the Eiffel. It is a gorgeous thing. I'll look forward to seeing your home. : )