4.25.2009

Chicago 10:30 p.m. 11:00 p.m.

It is so great to have the windy city nearby, well three and a half hours nearby. After ending my Friday at the office, we drove to Chicago to spend Saturday with one of our dear friends, Ameet. (You guys remember Ameet right? : ) We made a date for my birthday when he was last in town. I'm glad I took him up on it because it was one fun 24 hour getaway...

from the skyway to lake drive to canal street
you can't get lost finding his place
it's that easy
but we took the local way instead of the express way
so we got a little lost and took a detour
ameet's place
not bad, not bad at all
talk about a room with a view
one incredible view
from his balcony
we just had a few minutes to take in the gorgeous city lights
before we were wisked away for a night into town
(i knew i should've brought a cocktail dress!)
cheers! i'm 35!

4 comments:

Celestina in California said...

Your photos already took me to another city..you can tell I live in a small town. But thanks for this post...our family (Garcia) is planning a reunion with our cousins in Chicago next year. So excited to see where we're headed to.

michelle said...

oh, but what a lovely little town you live in. : ) you will enjoy chicago, it has the best of both worlds- big city and lakeside living. please take a detour our way if you make it there next year...

Jean M said...

Whoa, amazing views indeed! These photos really take me back to our one and only trip to Chicago back in the fall of 2000. And I can't believed you partied like that! I never partied like that even in my teens or twenties. =)

michelle said...

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I have to admit, we've had our share of overnight partying here. Although they're becoming more seldom now that most of our friends have children. : )