5.18.2008

I Do

I have not browsed through these magazines since 2001. For some reason, I recall packing them away after each return with the rest of my wedding memorabilia and tying a ribbon upon its next delivery. So before I placed the ribbon this time, I took a quick glance at the pages and something beautiful happened. Much to my surprise, my memory flooded with pictures of my girlfriends weddings dating from 1999 - 2002 and I began to reminisce. These photos have their own detail that transformed me back to all those wonderful weddings. I wish I had the time to write more about them.

Jean wore a similar wedding gown, simply elegant! The bateau neckline, A-line silhouette and the natural waistline satin accent made her look absolutely stunning. Trust me, the groom teared up seeing her beauty, we all did. Beauty!

Marilen wed in a breathtaking setting, the V. Sattui Winery. The place which already provided a romantic backdrop was completely transformed into an even more romantic venue. Just imagine being served by a maitre d' disguised in a black venetian mask and flowers and candles floating in the water fountain. The sweetest couple I know looked dazzling! It was a wedding not to be missed. Magical.

Megan adores calla lilies and on the eve of her wedding, she turned to me for help. I had the privilege of arranging her bridesmaid bouquets using the freshly delivered calla lilies. The white bouquet looked graceful as they were held by her bridesmaids who all looked gorgeous in their black stylish dresses. The beautiful bride was relieved, pleased, and happy! What an honor for me.

Jessica's husband whose scottish heritage provided the lads an inspiration to wear kilts. The bride looked exquisite in her wedding gown with her magnificent train previously worn by her mother and older sister. She definitely stole the show walking down the aisle as the bagpipe played. As for the lads- well they too stole the show especially when we all realized after the ceremony that they had all gone 'commando'.

1 comment:

Jean M said...

What beautiful reminiscences, and how eloquently written! I truly enjoyed reading this.