This is dedicated to my aunt, Mama Cely-- it's her birthday! In her family blog she noted her "wish list" which inspired me look around the house and photograph these items on her list. I admire her passions in life and am inspired by her walk with God. One of the things I enjoy with her is cafe living, sitting and conversing over a cup of coffee and sweets. My wish would be to be there for her birthday, perhaps stroll through Old Town, do a little window shopping, settle in an outdoor cafe, enjoy each other's company, the sun and cool breeze, and dream-- dream of all the pretty little things.
Dear Mama Cely,
Your wish list is lovely but your blessing list is even lovelier: God's love and the love of family and friends are the best gifts anyone could ever be granted. I hope you enjoy this special post in celebration of your birthday. May the beauty of our Lord and the beautiful things that springs forth from your heart and creativity continue to inspire you.
french country decorating books
French Country Living and Decorating with China & Glass are two of my favorite Caroline Clifton-Mogg books. It's filled with beautiful photographs, wonderfully written descriptions, and great home resources.
The moment I saw this one of kind shelf at Red Shoes--a very charming store, I knew it belonged in our home. The wall above our toilet (yep, here's a peak at our bathroom : ) was eagerly waiting to be decorated.
This is a treasured piece from my favorite European shop in town, La Belle Maison. I love the gray and cream patina, chicken wire, and original skeleton key.
french tea towel
lovely lavender bouquet
Nest--a true symbol of home, simplicity, charm, and beauty. Perched in a market trellis, this nest was abandoned by its maker and given to me by a generous gardener. The egg shell was found by my husband in our grapevines.
Since I don't have a shop of my own to share with you here, I thought a nest was fitting as it is the symbol you used to launch your Comforts of Home which I know will someday return.
Happy Birthday with Love,
Michelle & Patrick too!
5 comments:
everything looks Beautiful!!! Your photographs are lovely too! thanks again for sharing, and of course buying the pieces, I hope they bring you much joy for years to come!
xoxox
catherine,
red Shoes
Thanks for taking a peak here Catherine. I absolutely adore your store and will continue to return. Entering the door to your shop is like opening a treasure chest. You are such a talented artist!
Michelle and Patrick...thanks a million for this special post of my birthday- at 52, I am so blessed to be surrounded by loving family and friends. Thanks for gathering these wonderful photos- they are so inspiring! As always, you are my inspiration and yes, one day, we ought to have our cafe rendezvous!
Much Love..Mama Cely
We're so happy you took the time to view my blog tonight. We're still up watching Friends in bed. : ) Patrick sends his hello and happy birthday wishes! You're 52-- still young. You are aging gracefully. Hope you had a fantastic day and took a little time to celebrate. Miss you!
A very happy belated birthday to my mom. The lady who constantly tells me to be true to myself.
Post a Comment