Home is home, be it ever so humble.
Proverb
I always look forward to Saturdays. It’s a day I dedicate to home. What’s my first task of the day? You guessed it, cleaning. I often feel paralyzed to move on with my ‘To Do’ list if the house isn’t clean. Truth be told, I enjoy this chore. Like the many responsibilities we have in our lives, I’m a true believer of “maintenance”. Maintaining the things we value and care for. After all, we invest labor and time to accrue these things. So when our home greets us after a hard day’s work, or when it welcomes visitors with a smiling face, or even when it is left undisturbed, we look around and see the return on our investment. It is well worth my Saturday mornings and more.
6 comments:
Thanks Aya Bong. We've been playing phone tag lately, hope we can catch-up here...
Love,
Ate M
> "Katrina Ortiz" > 05/03/08 5:28 PM >
this is wonderful! I'm a new subscriber! :)
loved it...loved the pictures too. I need to start my blog too. Well, I can call you how to start.
ate delsa :)
Welcome back from Vegas Ate Delsa. I knew you would approve of this site too. Jean got my account started and actually created sample blogs for me. I promised her that I would take time out and launch my site. I'm glad I finally did. Anyhow, hope your long weekend was fun! I'll look forward to hearing about it.
hi ate m, love your blog and i enjoy cleaning as well...sounds weird but its true hehe...
I can't wait to see all that you guys have done with your home my next visit to MI. One of these days we'll finally be able to catch up with our own home cleaning, we hope to have all the basement construction done by the end of summer. For now, we just have to take deep breaths and remind ourselves that "our world is like a mirror, if you smile at it, it smiles right back at you." A quote I found at my University Starbucks =) pass it on... Big love and hugs, K'yaD.
It's good to finally see you here Kuya. I know you're extremely busy too, so thanks for taking time out... Patrick and I are going to begin saving for family visits to you and others in California. We will make it to your place sooner than later. Our home is a never-ending improvement as you've seen, unlike yours which is immaculate. I look forward to seeing your basement results too! Cute quote by the way...
Post a Comment