Today I passed on my collection of Martha Stewart Weddings magazines to Wendy, a dear girlfriend who recently became engaged. This collection spanning from 1997 to 2002 originated from a lovely physician, Eleanor whom I previously worked with. Her girlfriends have handed them to each other and she was the last recipient to get married. By the time my engagement came around, she graciously passed them on to me.
These magazines have served as an inspiration to numerous brides before me and a few more since they came to my possession; Wendy is the fourth one. Thankfully, after serving their purpose they have all come back to me. There's a great sense of bliss to this inheritance because I know that they became a part of the wedding planning for each happily married couple. I'm almost tempted to start a series of posts based on this...
Can you picture it now? Photos and stories from the bride and groom, their wedding planning and celebration, and their marriage that followed. What an inspiration that would be. I think that may require the creation of new blog site. I'll think about it.
2 comments:
You are most welcome Wendy! My heart is really filled with joy for you and Justin. I know that you will have a wonderful time planning your wedding (and feel free to tear pages off the magines by the way) and have a lifetime of happiness.
Muah,
Michelle
>>> W Hoefer 5/20/2008 >>>
"Thank you Michelle for sharing such wonderful wedding memories with everyone! Knowing the history of the magazines and how much they have inspired people, I know I will cherish them even more. Thank you for thinking of and entrusting me with them. I look forward to perusing their many pages for inspiration! Love, W"
I think that is a great idea Ate :o), I say go for it!
Post a Comment